What Are The Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Seattle?
There was a time not long ago when wired components were your only choice when installing a home security system. Forget positioning a security camera on a table or controlling your implements with a cell phone. But, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless technology. You currently have a range of additional benefits to enjoy -- like online access to your system, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Seattle will protect your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations If You Go Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems need a reliable internet and Wi-Fi connection to function correctly. If you have high-performance internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re on the right path for a wireless installation.
If you have concerns about power or internet outages, explore systems that have cellular and battery backups available to sustain the link to your monitoring specialists without interruption.
In the event you reside in a more rural area without reliable access to internet or cellular services, a wired system will probably be a better choice. Or It could also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to choose a wired approach if you live in a house that has security wiring already connected.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Seattle will elevate the safety of your property, which is the primary purpose to start with. On the other hand, if you like the idea of having the latest technology, consider these advantages of wireless:
- Access from any location: Get access to all the components in your house from your locks to your surveillance cameras from your mobile device using the ADT Control app. You can check camera footage, turn on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system on the rare chance you didn’t remember to do so. When an intrusion or emergency comes up, you can have updates sent right to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, drywall damage, and time-consuming system setups. The great thing about wireless devices is that you are able to place them practically anywhere and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you want to add on at a later time with the latest equipment, integrating elements into your system is simple.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices possible with fast, bi-directional communications. You can set your system to act in certain situations to increase your protection and dissuade intrusions. For instance, if your outside video camera detects suspicious disturbances around your home, it can automatically signal your interior lights to illuminate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Seattle
Although wireless home security systems in Seattle have shown to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about utilizing one. Let’s take a look at a few of the common concerns:
- Battery-powered wireless devices could stop working if the battery is depleted. Although this could happen, your smart devices will send you a notification whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors typically need to be positioned within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in some situations to boost your versatility.
- Comparable to any computer network, the threat of hacking persists. You can take action to minimize the chance of this happening by utilizing strong passwords, never using default configurations, and choosing a router with a built-in firewall. Additionally, you should only install security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Professionals
Would you like to take advantage of the current advancements in Seattle wireless home security? Call (206) 451-1051 to speak with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the right package for your property.