What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Seattle
You understand you need to defend your home. Above all else, it supplies shelter for your loved ones and is where you keep your possessions. But what is the right kind of home secuirty? Whether or not to utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief choices you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Seattle and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to a professional monitoring organization that is ready to provide help at all times. Whenever a door sensor activates or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring professionals receive an instant alert. They quickly go to work to verify the alarm and send the proper first responders.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional backup. You could think of this alternative as self-monitored, which means that if your system is tripped, you have to respond to resolve it. This choice is the less expensive solution, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Seattle
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system on your side is always a good choice. If you are not on site, not awake, or don’t have your cell phone, your residence and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Faster response: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll reply quicker to emergencies than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line tools and flawless integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will get access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will find yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Many people prefer to have the job taken care of by qualified experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Need to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This will be satisfactory for many as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Seattle
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Some may deem this to be a pro as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an extra fee. Others may wish to use a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may integrate equipment whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you may find integrating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your phone and don’t get a security warning? This circumstance will generate more stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want assistance during an install, you may have to hire a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Seattle
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Seattle from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the ideal choice for you. Contact (206) 451-1051 today to get started.