How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Seattle
Security cameras can solely be placed as a deterrent—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with a number of additions all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools help you to have the most from security cameras in Seattle.
How To Set Up Your Seattle Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Placing your home security cameras on the optimal locations around your home is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras should be placed in common spots such as the living room or den. It’s also a smart notion to set a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear scene of your porch, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your home that are less vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Seclusion for you and your visitors needs to be a primary consideration prior to installing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Video Surveillance
Device location is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Seattle. The features listed below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your mobile device the instant unusual activity is detected. You can also set cameras to start capturing footage when movements are discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way audio: Most of modern security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with people via the unit. Through your security app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that are able to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to guard single spots within your home.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date notifications when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Seattle is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (206) 451-1051 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.