The latest smart security installations are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to neglect to do easy security duties like activating your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to remember doing these things ever again? With geofencing in Seattle, you can just leave the house and let your system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Seattle For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter around your house, which you may arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to interact with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to set up a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your property and program what actions you want to take place as you cross the boundary.
For instance, when you exit your property, you may set your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can inform your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Seattle. When you download the ADT Control app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: set your smart components to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your surveillance system notices unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Have your lighting turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to set your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Seattle
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (206) 451-1051 or submit the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.