Who wouldn’t like to make their home more intuitive? Do you know a little about smart homes and wish to know more on how to equip your house? This guide -- Home Automation 101 in Seattle -- is intended to explain how you might take advantage of modern home security tools to make your life less of a challenge and more energy-efficient.
You can add smart home automation to home security with certainty, and have your home's lighting, locks, comfort levels, and even more connected devices cater to your needs.
What Is Home Automation In Seattle?
If you own or planning to purchase a house, chances are you’ve asked this question: What is home automation in Seattle? Basically, a home automation system oversees and operates different devices in your home, so you no longer need to. You can set home features such as lighting, door locks, and smart thermostats to act even if you’re not on site. In other words, you’ll no longer have to hit a switch to illuminate a room or move a dial to raise or lower your comfort levels.
Automation offers a new level of functionality to your home
Automation will be different in every home. To illustrate, you may fix your components to respond according to a schedule you’ve created through your central smart hub panel or cell phone security app. Or group devices in harmony to create the ultimate setting for watching a movie or for bedtime. Or you could have various smart sensors react to one another to help make certain your property is safe and secure for every circumstance. You may even command your smart components with your voice if you link with an Alexa or Google speaker.
Of course, you have to have a properly equipped automation plan to enjoy advanced features like scheduling and remote management. Numerous people enjoy the most success joining automated equipment to a home security system. Modern security systems are equipped to manage cameras and alarms via a centralized control panel or smartphone security app. Including your smart locks and various other automated systems lets you administer everything together. Additionally, using your security system for your home’s automated equipment means that you only have to understand a single app for all of your connected systems.
Smart Home Ideas In Seattle
There are numerous advantageous smart home ideas for your Seattle home. Select from these devices to discover a world of convenience you might not have thought was attainable:
- Smart light bulbs: Have you ever arisen during the night and remembered that you forgot to switch off the lights downstairs? Would you like being able to tap your cell phone and lower them without getting up? Or put them on a schedule and have them come on at different intervals to make it seem like your house is in use when you're away. You might also direct your smart lights to engage in the event your exterior cameras sense unusual motion in the backyard.
- Smart entry locks: The unwise yet common habit of leaving a key underneath your welcome mat is an unnecessary step when you use smart door locks. Assign each member of your family a customized unlock code or you could deactivate your locks directly from your mobile device. In the event you need to allow admittance to a neighbor while you're away, program a temporary code and receive a smartphone update when the locks operate.
- Fire, CO, and flood detectors: Get instant alerts whenever a disaster happens with monitored fire, CO, and flood alarms. Investigate the status of your sensors with your phone and receive warnings if a sensor is triggered. Enable other devices to respond to an emergency, like having your exhaust fan start if your fire detectors are tripped. Your smart detectors are even connected to 24-hour monitoring as a bonus.
- Surveillance systems: Your integrated surveillance cameras have the ability to present an unobstructed view of your home and surroundings any time you wish. Review a live video stream right on your cell phone or send clips to your secure cloud server. Another preferred installation is a doorbell camera, which notifies you if someone approaches. You may converse via the two-way audio capability while your interior lights instantly turn on.
- Smart thermostats: You don’t have to fiddle with your thermostat by hand. Alternatively, fix your smart thermostat to respond to your preferences. For example, automatically decrease the temperature when you're at work. Then you might have your system go up to a more suitable temperature by the time you return. Or utilize your smartphone app to inspect the HVAC reading anywhere and modify it however you wish.
Experience the Advantages Of Home Automation In Seattle
So, is smart home automation worth the bother? Thankfully, automation offers more than simply a neat method to control your home’s lighting from your phone. See how automation adds real perks to your busy life.
- Protection: Home automation has obvious and beneficial security benefits. Make your residence seem inhabited if you're away with preprogrammed smart lights and see guests with a video doorbell. Be notified and have your home illuminate when a video camera or your alarm system is set off. Smart door locks, surveillance, and devices like CO and fire detectors all help establish a heightened degree of safety for your property.
- Simply your life: When using the scheduling feature, you won’t have to think about turning off the lights or securing your entryways, as your system will take care of it for you. Check on your alarms and sensors when you're gone, and direct practically every feature of your installation from any location. Create scenes like movie night that adjust your components perfectly to obtain the ideal illumination and temperature levels. Or tell your Google or Amazon assistant on the way you wish to have your settings and watch your home instantly respond.
- Energy efficiency: A fantastic benefit of smart home automation is that it will lower your monthly bills. Let's face it, there might be people in your residence who neglect to do certain tasks like switch off lights. By placing your home’s lighting on a schedule, you can stop using electricity throughout the day. Decrease heating and cooling costs by modifying the temperature for occasions when you're away. Did you not remember to reduce the air conditioning when you left for vacation? No problem, as you’re able to change it right from your hotel room.
Ready To Go Beyond Home Automation 101 In Seattle?
If you’re wondering, "how was I able to live without smart home automation previously," it may be time to speak with your security security specialists. We will show you your options -- from smart locks to exterior surveillance -- and tailor the ideal system for you. Simply reach out to (206) 451-1051 or send in the following form.